Normativa otros paísesAgo. 4, 2011
Bahrein: especifican requerimientos para envases y etiquetado de “papas fritas de maíz”
13 July 2011
|Committee on Technical Barriers to Trade||Original: English|
The following notification is being circulated in accordance with Article 10.6
|1.||Notifying Member: KINGDOM OF Bahrain
If applicable, name of local government involved (Article 3.2 and 7.2):
|2.||Agency responsible: Standards & Metrology Directorate (BSMD)
Name and address (including telephone and fax numbers, email and website addresses, if available) of agency or authority designated to handle comments regarding the notification shall be indicated if different from above:
Ministry of Industry and Commerce
P.O. Box: 5479, Kingdom of Bahrain
Tel.: +973 17574880
Fax: +973 17530730
|3.||Notified under Article 2.9.2 [ X ], 2.10.1 [ ], 5.6.2 [ ], 5.7.1 [ ], other:|
|4.||Products covered (HS or CCCN where applicable, otherwise national tariff heading. ICS numbers may be provided in addition, where applicable): Fried corn chips
(corn, tortilla chips and taco shells), ICS: 67.060
|5.||Title, number of pages and language(s) of the notified document: Fried corn chips
(corn, tortilla chips and taco shells) (11 pages in Arabic; 9 pages in English).
|6.||Description of content: This draft technical regulation specifies the requirements stated in the Gulf standard GSO “Fried corn chips (corn, tortilla chips and taco shells)” under clauses
7 & 9 (packaging & labelling) as mandatory requirements such that:
– The product shall be packaged in suitable, moisture proof, airtight, and not previously used containers which should not affect the quality of the product.
– The product may be packaged under vacuum or nitrogen.
It describes label requirements such as :
– Name of the product: Corn Chips, Tortilla Chips, taco shells or similar products.
– Type of oil used in frying.
– Food additives.
– Production and expiration dates “month-year”.
– Labelling and adjoining explanatory statements shall be in Arabic and, where another language is used, it shall be alongside the Arabic. All the information provided in another language shall be identical to that written in Arabic.
|7.||Objective and rationale, including the nature of urgent problems where applicable: To maintain consumer protection and food safety|
– GSO “Fried corn chips (corn, tortilla chips and taco shells)”.
– Johnson, A. L. (1991). Corn: Production, Processing, and utilization. Ch. 2. In Handbook of Cereal Science and Technology, edited by Lorenze , K.J. and Kulp, K. Marcel Dekker INC, New york, New york, U.S.A. pp. 63-64.
– Maga , A.J (1991). Cereal – based snack Foods. Ch. 20. In Handbook of cereal science and Technology, edited by Lorens, K.J. and Kulp, K. Marcel Dakker, INC, New york , U.S.A. pp. 695-797.
– Rooney, W.L and Serna-Sallivar, S. (1987) Food uses of whole corn and dry – milled Fractions. Ch. 13. In Corn chemistry and Technology, edited by Watson S.A and Ramstad, P.E. American Association of Cereal chemists, INC. St. Paul, Minnesota. U.S.A. pp. 410-419.
– Gulf Standard GSO No. 286: Fried Potatoes.
|9.||Proposed date of adoption:
Proposed date of entry into force:
|}||To be determined|
|10.||Final date for comments: 60 days from the notification date|
|11.||Text available from: National enquiry point [ X], or address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and web-site addresses, if available of the other body:|