Normativa otros paísesAgo. 4, 2011
Bahrein: especifican requerimientos para envases y etiquetado de carnes prensadas tratadas con calor
13 July 2011
|Committee on Technical Barriers to Trade||Original: English|
The following notification is being circulated in accordance with Article 10.6
|1.||Notifying Member: KINGDOM OF Bahrain
If applicable, name of local government involved (Article 3.2 and 7.2):
|2.||Agency responsible: Standards & Metrology Directorate (BSMD)
Name and address (including telephone and fax numbers, email and website addresses, if available) of agency or authority designated to handle comments regarding the notification shall be indicated if different from above:
Ministry of Industry and Commerce
P.O. Box: 5479, Kingdom of Bahrain
Tel.: +973 17574880
Fax: +973 17530730
|3.||Notified under Article 2.9.2 [ X ], 2.10.1 [ ], 5.6.2 [ ], 5.7.1 [ ], other:|
|4.||Products covered (HS or CCCN where applicable, otherwise national tariff heading. ICS numbers may be provided in addition, where applicable): Prepared meats:
Heat treated pressed meats, ICS: 67.120.10
|5.||Title, number of pages and language(s) of the notified document: Prepared meats: Heat treated pressed meats (14 pages in Arabic; 10 pages in English)|
|6.||Description of content: This draft technical regulation specifies the requirements stated in the Gulf standard GSO “Prepared meats: Heat treated pressed meats” under clauses 8,1 & 9 (packaging & labelling) as mandatory requirements such that:
– Canned pressed meats: the following shall be met:
The internal surface of the can shall be enameled with a suitable meat enamel.
The internal surface of the can shall be free of black spots and erosion.
– Packed pressed meats: The product is vacuum packed in special casings.
– Packed pressed meats slices: pressed meats slices are vacuum packed in suitable plastic containers.
– It describes label requirements such as :
– Product name and type according to packaging.
– Fat percentage, clearly shown with bold letters.
– Binders or fillers added.
– Preservatives used and their limits.
– In the case of slices, the phrases “keep cold” and “Temperature shall not exceed 5°C” shall be written.
– Labelling and adjoining explanatory statements shall be in Arabic and, where another language is used, it shall be alongside the Arabic. All the information provided in another language shall be identical with that written in Arabic.
|7.||Objective and rationale, including the nature of urgent problems where applicable: To maintain consumer protection and food safety.|
– GSO “Prepared meats: Heat treated pressed meats”.
– Codex Alimentarius commission CAC/STAN 96-1981. Cooked Cured Ham. Codex Alimentarius Vol. 10/1994.
– Codex Alimentarius Commission Alinorm 83/16 Report of the twelfth Session of the Codex committee on processed Meat and poultry products Leatherhead Food R.A. Food Legislation Surveys No. 6. Heavy Metals in Foods Second Edition, 1986.
– Codex Alimentarius commission 11/1991codex committee on additives and contaminants Twenty-Third session
|9.||Proposed date of adoption:
Proposed date of entry into force:
|}||To be determined|
|10.||Final date for comments: 60 days from the notification date|
|11.||Text available from: National enquiry point [X], or address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and web-site addresses, if available of the other body:|