Normativa otros paísesAgo. 4, 2011
Bahrein: especifican requerimientos para envases y etiquetado de carne tratada con solución salina y tratamiento térmico
13 July 2011
|Committee on Technical Barriers to Trade||Original: English|
The following notification is being circulated in accordance with Article 10.6
|1.||Notifying Member: KINGDOM OF Bahrain
If applicable, name of local government involved (Article 3.2 and 7.2):
|2.||Agency responsible: Standards & Metrology Directorate (BSMD)
Name and address (including telephone and fax numbers, email and website addresses, if available) of agency or authority designated to handle comments regarding the notification shall be indicated if different from above:
Ministry of Industry and Commerce
P.O. Box: 5479, Kingdom of Bahrain
Tel.: +973 17574880
Fax: +973 17530730
|3.||Notified under Article 2.9.2 [ X ], 2.10.1 [ ], 5.6.2 [ ], 5.7.1 [ ], other:|
|4.||Products covered (HS or CCCN where applicable, otherwise national tariff heading. ICS numbers may be provided in addition, where applicable): Prepared meats:
Meat treated with saline solutions and heat treated, ICS: 67.120.10
|5.||Title, number of pages and language(s) of the notified document: Prepared meats: Meat treated with saline solutions and heat treated (14 pages in Arabic; 10 pages in English).|
|6.||Description of content: This draft technical regulation specifies the requirements stated in the Gulf standard GSO “Prepared meats: Meat treated with saline solutions and heat treated” under clauses 7,1 & 8 (packaging & labelling) as mandatory requirements such that the following shall be met in packaging meats cured with saline solution and heat treated:
– Containers used for packaging shall be clean and made of suitable materials that have no effect on the product quality characteristics and its safety under storage, transportation and handling conditions.
– Slices or cuts prepared in the processing factory for retailer sale shall be vacuum packed in suitable containers to ensure product protection from contamination or damage during handling.
It describes label requirements such as:
– Product name and meat type used and its percentage.
– Fat percentage clearly shown with bold letters.
– Salt percentage clearly shown with bold letters.
– Binder and filler substances and added preservatives and their percentages.
– Recommended storing and handling conditions.
– Labelling and adjoining explanatory statements shall be in Arabic and, where another language is used, it shall be alongside the Arabic. All the information provided in another language shall be identical to that written in Arabic.
|7.||Objective and rationale, including the nature of urgent problems where applicable: To maintain consumer protection and food safety|
– GSO “Prepared meats: Meat treated with saline solutions and heat treated”.
– Codex Alimentarius Commission Alinorm 83/16 Report of the Twelfth Session of the Codex committee on processed Meat and poultry products.
– Leatherehead Food R.A. Food Legislation Surveys No. 6. Heavy Metals in Foods. Second Edition, 1986.
– Codex Alimentrarius commission 11/1991 codex committee on Additives and contaminants Twenty-Third session
– Codex Alimentarius volume 10/1994 Page: 19- 30 Codex Standard for cooked cured chopped meat 1981/98
|9.||Proposed date of adoption:
Proposed date of entry into force:
|}||To be determined|
|10.||Final date for comments: 60 days from the notification date|
|11.||Text available from: National enquiry point [X], or address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and web-site addresses, if available of the other body:|