Actualidad nacional e internacionalJul. 1, 2022
Arabia Saudita: importaciones de alimentos desde EE.UU. fueron US$ 535 millones
U.S. exports of consumer-oriented food products to Saudi Arabia decreased four percent in 2021, compared to 2020, to approximately $535 million mainly due to shipping issues (e.g., fewer cargo ships, higher costs, etc.) throughout the year. Unfortunately, this trend is expected to continue throughou 2022. Despite the hiccups, Saudi consumers still prefer U.S. agricultural products, and the United States is well-positioned to gain additional market share from traditional retail outlets and numerous, new food delivery applications.
In the same report, it has been mentioned that total food sales to the retail market in the country were estimated at approximately $36.2 billion, and 55 percent were generated through traditional grocery stores. The other 45 percent went through modern retail channels.
USDA/June 22, 2022VOLVER A NOTICIAS